The Mountains Are Waiting
Reopening: What you need to know.
On May 1, the Tennessee Governor announced the Tennessee Pledge which establishes guidelines for opening Tennessee responsibly. Some Gatlinburg businesses have taken the opportunity to open and are working within those guidelines to ensure the safety of their employees and visitors. Additionally, the city has prepared for the return of visitors by implementing safety precautions to ensure the safety of residents, visitors and employees. We trust that as you begin to make plans to travel that you will exercise the best judgment for the safety of your family. When you are ready, we will be ready too.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park has opened with limited access. View Openings
To ensure your health and well-being while traveling please follow the CDC Guidelines below.
Healthy Travel Information
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Consult with a doctor before traveling when sick
- Stay up-to-date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Avoid contact with animals while traveling
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. State Department
The City of Gatlinburg continues to monitor COVID-19. Find updates here.