Green Travel can take on many forms, but the general idea is to find ways to lessen your impact on the planet. Instead of using a car, it’s easy to walk, bicycle and use public transportation in Gatlinburg.
Here are some easy ways to reduce your environmental impact:
- Renting hybrid cars
- Walking, cycling or using public transportation instead of driving your car
- Use of biodiesel fuels
- Taking advantage of ridesharing and carpools
- Choosing lodgings that have earned green ratings and awards
- Booking with a green organization or green travel provider
- Volunteering time by giving back to the community you visit
- Offsetting your carbon footprint by making a donation to offset the amount of carbon that your trip expels into the atmosphere.