Longing for warmer temperatures and greener horizons? Use this helpful guide for your spring break in Gatlinburg! When the chill of winter melts away, Gatlinburg blossoms with a number of springtime activities that the whole family can enjoy. We've put together the checklist of ways you can experience all the beauty and can't-be-missed excitement that the season inspires.
1) There is no better way to bask in a spring vacation than by spending it outside. As a gateway town to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg offers the very best in camping opportunities. With prime campsites for every situation, its easy to reconnect with nature in matter if you're in a tent, a cabin or and RV. Discover all the Gatlinburg camping information you need to plan your next adventure.
2) The shopping is phenomenal. If looking for leisure and love a good shopping spree, Gatlinburg’s got you covered. With more than 400 specialty shops, you can easily find a special collectible or unique piece when you visit. A great place to start? The Village in Gatlinburg. Discover quaint, Old World storefronts where you'll find everything from scrumptious donuts to day hiking gear at this charming retail haven. Learn more about Gatlinburg's top shopping destinations.
3) All throughout spring, Gatlinburg hosts countless fun events and festivals that will provide you with more than enough reason to plan a getaway to the Smokies. Celebrating everything form handcrafted arts, regional wineries and the renewal of spring, these special events are guaranteed to keep you entertained and rich your visit. See the Gatlinburg's upcoming spring events to better time your visit for a festive spring break.
4) Discover adventure attractions. Those looking for a little action can find every type of thrill when they take to the Parkway and discover Gatlinburg's world-class attractions. Whether you are scaling Gatlin's Rugged Ropes Course Adventure or ziplining through the treetops at Anakeesta, there is plenty to keep adventure-seekers on their toes. Discover all the exhilarating attractions in Gatlinburg so you'll know what to expect on your next visit.
5) Come for the nightlife. Some people think a small city like ours doesn't have any nightlife, but nothing could be further from the truth! In fact, you'll find that Gatlinburg has a vibrant night life, with dining, dancing and sports bars ready to help you turn the night into the best part of the day. See the many performances and entertainment options enlivening Gatlinburg's nightlife scene this season.
6) Explore Cades Cove in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This 6800-acre natural paradise is teeming with wildlife. Take a different kind of Spring Break and celebrate by learning more about the local animals. While black bears are popular here, there are dozens of other creatures, great and small, including a variety of birds and insects. Want to know more? Get to know Cades Cove and be ready for some fun animal encounters!
If these aren't enough reasons to take your Spring Break in Gatlinburg, then there's always the dining. If you love pancakes, there's a restaurant here that makes 24 different kinds. If you enjoy donuts and fudge, Gatlinburg is home to some of the best. You'll find a variety of culinary experiences from local barbecue joints to upscale steakhouses, and everything in between during your stay in Gatlinburg. Take a look at our Dining page and get ready to try any of our 100+ restaurants.