As the situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, the Gatlinburg Chamber of Chamber is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. The Chamber would like to encourage all employers to implement strategies to protect their workforce from the coronavirus while ensuring continuity of operations. We are dedicated to supporting our business community during this uncertain time.
What you need to know
Recently, Sevier County leaders took another step to keep our visitors and community safe from Covid-19. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 10, all Sevier County residents, employees, and visitors, over the age of 12 years old, will be required to wear face coverings in public. The requirement mandates the use of facial coverings in indoor public settings and outdoors where social distancing cannot be practiced. We are asking our Chamber Members to post signage at their entrances and hope that everyone will respectfully observe this new requirement. Please note, businesses may choose to have stricter guidelines for entrance. You can read more about the county mayor’s Executive Order 34 which mandates facial coverings until September 30, 2020. The order does not apply in the instances listed below.
- Masks are not necessary in overnight lodging solely occupied by registered guests;
- Children twelve (12) years of age or younger are not required to wear a mask;
- Someone who has trouble breathing due to an underlying health condition or another bona fide medical or health-related reason is not required to wear a face-covering;
- Someone with conditions or disabilities that prevent them from wearing a face-covering;
- While actively eating or drinking;
- While outdoors. Persons outdoors are encouraged to follow the Tennessee Pledge and maintain social distancing.
Links and Resources
- City of Gatlinburg updates
- Face Covering Sign for your business
- Mountain Tough
- Tennessee Pledge
- U.S Chamber of Commerce Resources
- Tennessee Chamber of Commerce
- TN Labor and Workforce Development
- Small Business Administration
- TDH Coronavirus website
- CDC: About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- Don’t Spread Germs at Work
- Stay Home If You Are Sick