Event Services Worker
This work involves setting up tables, chairs, steps, stages, backdrops, podiums, and related equipment in preparation for scheduled events, cleaning windows and doors, vacuuming carpeted areas, dusting surfaces, and performing minor maintenance duties. Job duties require experience and/or willingness to work with cleaning supplies and materials, knowledge of industrial cleaning practices, ability to interact successfully with co-workers and the public, ability to complete daily assignments in a timely and thorough manner and the capacity to consistently adhere to established policies, procedures, and schedules. Job performance is evaluated by the Operations Supervisor through review of the general cleanliness and overall appearance of the convention center, ability to interact effectively with co-workers, clientele and the public and adherence to established policies, procedures, and schedules.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Sweeps, vacuums, and/or mops offices, bathrooms, hallways, restrooms, and common areas daily.
- Empties trash cans and remove debris from common areas, meeting facilities and grounds.
- Dusts and cleans counter tops, windowsills, tables, and other surfaces as needed.
- Cleans up spills in the event of unexpected accidents.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathroom sinks, commodes, and water fountains daily.
- Vacuums carpeted rooms and common areas according to established schedules.
- Assists with grounds maintenance activities and snow and ice removal when required.
- Assists with setting up tables, chairs, steps, stages, backdrops, podiums, and related equipment in preparation for scheduled events when required.
- Takes down and stores tables, chairs, steps, stages, etc. at the conclusion of scheduled events.
- Assists with providing general security of the convention center after hours.
- Performs related duties as required.
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location