What you need to know
Recently, Sevier County leaders took another step to keep our visitors and community safe from Covid-19. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 10, all Sevier County residents, employees, and visitors, over the age of 12 years old, will be required to wear face coverings in public. The requirement mandates the use of facial coverings in indoor public settings and outdoors where social distancing cannot be practiced.
Our business community will post signage at their entrances and ask that everyone respectfully observe this new requirement. Please note, some businesses may have stricter guidelines for entrance.
As you come back to visit the Smokies, we ask that you visit responsibly and please pack your mask. We want to provide a fun and safe environment for your vacation and your help is much appreciated.
The order does not apply in the instances listed below.
- Masks are not necessary in overnight lodging solely occupied by registered guests;
- Children twelve (12) years of age or younger are not required to wear a mask;
- Someone who has trouble breathing due to an underlying health condition or another bona fide medical or health-related reason is not required to wear a face-covering;
- Someone with conditions or disabilities that prevent them from wearing a face-covering;
- While actively eating or drinking;
- While outdoors. Persons outdoors are encouraged to follow the Tennessee Pledge and maintain social distancing.
For your personal safety and the safety of those around you, we ask that you please adhere to the following:
- If you feel unwell or are a member of a vulnerable population, please delay travel.
- Practice physical distancing where possible.
- When possible, it is recommended to wear a face-covering while in public.
- Thoroughly and frequently wash your hands.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Closely follow other safety practices as implemented at individual businesses.
The City of Gatlinburg continues to monitor COVID-19. Find updates here.
For updates on Great Smoky Mountains National Park, check here.
Find out what is open here.