Green Travel can take on many forms, but the general idea is to find ways to lessen your impact on the planet. Instead of using a car, it’s easy to walk, bicycle and use public transportation in Gatlinburg.
Here are some easy ways to reduce your environmental impact:
- Renting hybrid cars
- Walking, cycling or using public transportation instead of driving your car
- Use of biodiesel fuels
- Taking advantage of ridesharing and carpools
- Choosing lodgings that have earned green ratings and awards
- Booking with a green organization or green travel provider
- Volunteering time by giving back to the community you visit
- Offsetting your carbon footprint by making a donation to offset the amount of carbon that your trip expels into the atmosphere
Below you will find links to green businesses in Gatlinburg. Once you get to these pages, filter by green in the advanced fields.