Marketing and PR Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a motivated individual to join a strong, professional Marketing and PR team by undertaking daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities and projects. A background in communications, marketing or PR.
Nature of Work
Performs administrative and office support activities for Marketing Department. Additional duties may include content creation, email and newsletter communications and social media. Extensive software skills are required, as well as internet abilities and strong communication skills.
Illustrative Examples of Work
• Assist the Marketing Director and supporting the marketing team with marketing and PR campaigns and projects.
• Assist with maintaining project timelines and deadlines for marketing department.
• Assist with coordinating the production of a wide range of marketing and PR communications including newsletters, online content, print materials and press releases.
• Assist with updating and maintaining the marketing department's documentation, databases, media assets, reports, etc.
• Answer all Marketing calls and distribute accurate messages.
• Assist with organizing department meetings, send email notifications, distribute agendas and take meeting minutes.
• Assist with other duties deemed necessary by Marketing Director.
• Attend events after business hours and weekends.
• Assist with photo and video shoots. Editing skills are a plus.
• Assist with social media management and monitoring.
Necessary Requirements of Work
• College degree or equivalate work experience
• Competent computer skills including MS Office, Apple Applications
• Entry level Adobe Creative Skills including Photoshop and InDesign
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills
• Must be self-starter and can work on a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and coordinate multiple projects.
• Able to work with a team or independently.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects; work requires reaching, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to other accurately, loudly, or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken work levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for color perception, preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Necessary Special Requirements
Possession of a valid Tennessee Driver’s License and the ability to be insured at standard vehicle liability rates.
A drug free workplace and drug screen are a condition of employment.
The Gatlinburg Convention and Visitors Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send resume to Chad Netherland at firstname.lastname@example.org.