Gatlinburg, TN • Maintenance
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for completing maintenance work orders as assigned while performing routine and non-routine service order requests.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Performs routine and non-routine maintenance services.
- Minor repairs of plumbing systems, cabinetry, minor electric, and HVAC systems.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Installs and repairs locks, including electronic and Wi-Fi entry systems or the acute ability to learn these skills.
- Troubleshooting wireless computer systems, Wi-Fi, cable television wiring, and remote systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: Sitting –20% Walking/Standing – 80%. Required to stoop, bend, stretch, twist, and reach. Regularly lift up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs. Must be able to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Mental Demands: Organize, multi-task, and problem solve.
Environmental: Regular exposure to the elements. Moderate to heavy noise level when equipment is operating.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position. Varies based upon business needs. Ability to work a varied schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Reliable transportation (Ability to travel from location to location while working as needed)
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must pass a background screening.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to, as well as practices, the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Therefore, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law in the recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation and promotion of our employees.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years of maintenance experience.
- 1 year of experience in the vacation rental or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of small hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of electronic locks (Kaba, Sledge, Yale, etc.) Preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.