Want to save money on your Gatlinburg trip? Read our first post in this series for the first 5 tips and then add those tips to these below for mega travel savings. You’ll have an even better time when you visit if you take advantage of our top tips!
6) Outdoor family sports
A fun way to spend some family time in Gatlinburg is playing miniature golf. Gatlinburg offers several courses that can challenge you but also are fun even for young players. Keep an eye out for unique courses; there are some that offer interactive characters and features that are great for kids. Give Gatlinburg's indoor or outdoor miniature golf courses a try or go for some black light golf. You'll even find courses where you ride up 300 feet into the air to the course to play your 18 holes.
Save Money: 18 holes of miniature golf is very affordable, and it’s a good idea to call ahead to ask about hours and specials.
7) Indoor fun activities - When the cold winds blow you need a list of places you can go that allow you to have fun while you stay out of the elements. This Winter Activities page has everything you need to know about the theaters, museums, attractions and games you can enjoy in Gatlinburg. If you have kids some of these attractions can while away a few hours or even an entire day, if you like. Kids can have fun playing laser tag, checking out exotic sea creatures and seeing the cars from Hollywood movies and TV shows.
Save Money: On our Winter Activities page you can click through on the 'Buy Tickets' links for low prices and fast online ordering.
8) Relaxing - While you could try any of the many attractions in Gatlinburg for a great day or night out, sometimes it pays to kick back and remember one of the reasons you came here -- to soak up some good old Smoky Mountain scenery!
Save Money: If you've already paid a cabin or chalet, you likely have a porch or balcony you can enjoy. Why not leave the world behind for a while and sit back in a lawn chair and drink in the majesty of the mountains? If it's too cold outside to do that, never fear! Most of the cabin and chalet rentals are outfitted with full kitchens, so you can certainly prepare some hot chocolate to warm you as you gaze at the mountain skies.
9) Lodgings - Planning Ahead: Lodgings come in all shapes and sizes and you can often get a package deal to save some money. Sometimes there are minimum nights stays restrictions but packages exist that can save you quite a bit. When choosing a hotel that is offering discounts, you may wish to select accommodations near major attractions like Ripley's Aquarium, some of the miniature golf courses or the Sugarlands Visitors Center (one of four visitors centers within Great Smoky Mountains National Park) to make your stay more convenient. Hotels often provide discounts to the area attractions.
This is just the beginning. You can research cabins, condos, chalets, campgrounds and much more on the gatlinburg.com website. Our Plan Your Stay page lets you filter your search by hotel, cabin or chalet so you can discover the best accommodations for you. Get even more Tennessee lodging information with this handy downloadable guide.
10) Lodgings - Last Minute Getaways:
Gatlinburg is the perfect spot for a spontaneous weekend getaway. Your ideal weekend starts with a relaxing hotel or cabin rental. While you can follow many of the same tips we offered for planning ahead, here are some good hints for getting away quickly but still getting some good deals on accommodations:
- Come during the off season: This may seem like a good idea at first, and it gets even better when you consider how much you can save on a hotel room. Right now the rates are running from $39 per night up to $119 at various hotels, which is a substantial savings over summer rates.
- Cabin companies are famous for putting together couples getaways to Gatlinburg. One well-known company is offering what they call 'value cabins'. These still provide you with a host of amenities like covered decks, hot tubs and outdoor fireplaces in addition to king or queen beds and gorgeous mountain views.
- Another cabin rental firm names some of its cabins after various black bear traits (the black bear is a much loved creature here in Gatlinburg) and offers some cozy and homey cabins sure to be the highlight of your weekend together. Snuggle in front of the fireplace, grill outdoors or enjoy the serenity of the Smokies from your porch.
Save Money: Plan ahead or leave at the last minute, it's your choice. Either way you can save money by comparing lodging choices fast using our online booking tool on the gatlinburg.com website. Search by lodging type, investigate pricing and then reserve your accommodations quickly online.