GATLINBURG, Tenn. (Nov. 11, 2019) – Take a trip to Gatlinburg this winter to experience a season of holiday magic with a packed calendar of events that includes fun for all ages. Decorated with one-of-a-kind displays of LED lights and the newly featured life-size snowmen throughout town, Gatlinburg is full of holiday spirit for all to enjoy along the famous Downtown Parkway. This holiday season, visitors can enjoy the sights and sounds of Gatlinburg’s Winter Magic from November until February. The winter festival will include activities for the entire family. A complete list of events can be found by downloading the Gatlinburg App, which also includes a map of the Gatlinburg Snowpeople locations.
“Gatlinburg has a magical charm about it, and it creates the perfect atmosphere to celebrate holiday cheer with the entire family,” said Marci Claude, Public Relations Manager for the Gatlinburg Convention and Visitors Bureau. “This holiday season, we are excited to bring back our life-size Snowpeople and host a number of events for our annual Gatlinburg Winter Magic celebration. Gatlinburg will come together to celebrate several of our annual events that create treasurable traditions that last through generations.”
The Gatlinburg Winter Magic calendar of events is packed with fun seasonal activities such as:
- Festival of Trees: November 27-December 1, 2019 Presented by Gatlinburg Hilton Garden Inn, dozens upon dozens of ornately decorated Christmas trees await visitors in our winter wonderland. The event will take place at the Gatlinburg Convention Center W.L. Conference Center and the event benefits Boys and Girls Club of the Smoky Mountains.
- Winter Magic Tunes and Tales: November 29-December 22, 2019; Friday and Saturday evenings Holiday music will fill the air with a mixture of Appalachia, Bluegrass, and Country! Visitors are invited to meet characters and storytellers, visit with Santa’s elves and enjoy caroling along the Parkway Friday and Saturday evenings of the holiday season.
- 44th Annual Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade: December 6, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. Named as a Top Holiday Parade, the 44th Annual Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade will be a spectacular celebration filled with marching bands, large balloons, dancers, and of course, Santa Claus.
- New Year’s Eve Ball Drop and Fireworks Show: December 31, 2019 Named the “Best New Year’s Eve Show in the South,” Gatlinburg will welcome the arrival of a new decade in unique style with its Annual New Year’s Eve Ball Drop and Fireworks Show. The event will take place around the intersection of Parkway and Historic Nature Trail at the base of the Space Needle late Tuesday night, December 31.
- Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community Holiday Show: November 26-December 8, 2019 Unique handcrafted gifts made by members of Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community are offered as we host our annual show at the Gatlinburg Convention Center.
Visit our events page for more information.