Things to Know
Before you tie the knot in Gatlinburg, you will need to purchase a marriage license. Below are some of the fees and requirements to get married in Sevier County. If you have additional questions, contact us at 1-800-588-1817. We wish you a long and happy marriage!
Obtaining a Tennessee Marriage License in Sevier County
- Must apply in person to one of the following locations
- Both participants must be 18 years of age
- Present a valid driver's license, or certified birth certificate
- Present a social security card
- If not a United States citizen, you must present a valid passport
- If either of you have been divorced or widowed, you will need to know the exact date that the divorce was final, or date of death. If the bride has had a name change in her divorce and has not had her name changed on her driver's license, she will need to provide a certified copy of her divorce decree
- There is no blood test
- There is no waiting period
- License must be used within 30 days of issuance
- License can be used same day as applied for
- Fee for out of state residents is $41.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or Mastercard with a small processing fee
- Fee for Tennessee residents is $101.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or Mastercard with a small processing fee. The $60.00 fee will be waived if applicants complete a four hour premarital course and present a notarized certificate of completion, which can be obtained through our office.
Tennessee Marriage License Centers
Gatlinburg Shilling Center
405 Reagan Drive, Gatlinburg
Mon,Wed, Fri 8:00am-4:30pm
Sevier County Courthouse
125 Court Avenue, Sevierville
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pigeon Forge City Hall
225 Pine Mountain Road, Pigeon Forge
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays only.
Want to print a copy of our wedding brochure? It's here.