A week of family-oriented events created around Earth Day Celebration. The week features fun and entertaining community activities designed to educate people about adopting easy green practices.
Here are all the events during Earth Week.
- Monday, April 20: Gatlinburg Goes Green Breakfast Seminar at Hilton Garden Inn. More info to come
- Tuesday, April 21: Spur Clean Up, with Keep Sevier Beautiful - Get a hands-on experience at the Spur Clean-up beginning at the Gatlinburg Welcome Center on the Spur. Earth Week is partnering with Keep Sevier Beautiful and Great Smoky Mountains National Park to pick up litter along a stretch of National Park between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, known as the Spur. Businesses and Organizations are encouraged to put together teams to compete to see who can collect the most trash. More info to come.
- Wednesday, April 22: Spring Cleaning Super Recycling - More info to come
- Thursday, April 23: Earth Day Festival - Bring the entire family to Gatlinburg to the annual Earth Day Festival to learn about easy green practices, enjoy music, activities and games, craft stations and food. Gatlinburg area green businesses and organizations will be onsite with activities and information. Earth Week t-shirts featuring the art work of a local student will be for sale at the festival. All sales will benefit the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce Foundation which provides local scholarships, donations to schools, the Gatlinburg Goes Green Program and community educational events.
- Friday, April 24: Earth Day 5K Run/Walk - Runners and walkers are invited to celebrate Earth Week by participating in the third annual Earth Day 5K Run/Walk in beautiful downtown Gatlinburg. Athletes of all ages are welcome to participate in this USA Track and Field sanctioned event. Early registration is encouraged to guarantee your shirt size! Race night registration begins at 8:00 pm at the Nantahala Outdoor Center, 1138 Parkway. Race starts at 10:00 pm.